Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:21:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache Virtual Servers (single IP)

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Michael Slater wrote:

> then they get one. I dont know how it is in the U.S these days, but in
> Australia as of the end of this month their will not be any more class
> C network addresses available.
> (Thats what i was told when i applied for another class C address)
> It seems Australia has used the _FEW_ I.P addresses
> that were allocated to it. So as a result,we have to make do with what
> we have (at least that's the impression that i get) .

This doesn't make sense. If you have made use of the IP addresses
that you have been allocated and have documented this fact then your
upstream ISP must give you more address space. If they won't then you can
appeal it to APNIC http://www.apnic.net

In Europe the appeal would go to RIPE http://www.ripe.net and in the
Americas and South Africa the appeal would go to the Internic.

You may want to read through RFC2050 before following up on this.
One good source of information is the Recommended Reading section
at http://www.arin.net and it includes RFC2050

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com