Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 01:59:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is aha broken?

On May 13 Warner Losh wrote:

> : Yes, the BIOS has that IRQ reserved for ISA.  It's not practical
> : to take this box down other than late at night, but I may stay up
> : and stick some printfs into aha.c and see if I can narrow it down
> : a bit more.  Any particular info that you think may be helpful?
>
> Yes.  What version of FreeBSD are you using?  I haven't tried aha on
> -current in about a month.

-stable (that's why I posted to this list :\), cvsup'ed on the
10th, 11th, 12th and 13th has had the problem.
A kernel left over from -stable cvsup'ed on the third works fine.

If it is caused by Ken's latest changes to cam it involves more
than just aha.c.  I backed those changes out of that file and it
still fails.  Also, it't only a problem if both cards (1542 and
2940) are installed since GENERIC and custom kernels with both
controllers compiled in work in a box with only a 1542 in it.
I'll checkout /sys from before that commit and see what happens
on the box with both.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null