Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:54:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Siobhan Patricia Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recent kernel, microuptime went backwards

John,
	I get these on an SMP kernel, which locks up the box, I can't even
figure out where exactly its happening. Maybe I'm just missing something
in my kernel config file? I assumed (from UPDATING) that no real change
was
needed to the SMP options?

The hardware is an Intel N440BX motherboard with two PII333 procs.

I'm not opposed to the option that this is *my* error and not SMPNG's

PRE_SMPNG is VERY stable on this box, however the constant crashes (mostly
during high I/O periods, such as make world) have made it impossible to
use the machine for any type of real development under SMPNG. (which if I
had time since the promotion, I'd be a bit crazy right now)

If theres is anything I can do to help debug this, let me know, you can
email me privately.

-Trish

__

Trish Lynch
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve 		trish@bsdunix.net
Rush Networking				trish@rush.net
VA Linux Systems			trish@valinux.com
O|S|D|N					trish@osdn.com
---

	"So if you ask me how do I fell inside I could honestly
         Tell you we've been taken on a very long ride
         And if my owners let me have some free time some day
         With all good intention I would probably run away
         Clutching the short straw"
		-Marillion, That Time of the Night