Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:50:59 -0600
From:      "Pablo Quintana" <quintana@hondutel.hn>
To:        "Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Install" <install@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Booting after installation problems

Hi, Iīve finally downloaded the complete binaries from an FTP site.
Followed the simple instructions after the download and then it returns me
to the main menu screen of the install program. I didnīt know what to do so
I pressed Exit Install and told to take out any floppy and reboot. When it
reboots it doesnīt happen anything. Just a underscore line blinking on the
screen. Well with my poor expirience (and before trying to download again)
I boot the PC with the installation floppy inside and typed

0:wd(0,C)kernel

After that the booting started and test the hardware (everything fine) and
said this

changing root device to wd0c
swapon: adding /dev/wd0s1b as swap device
Automatic rebooting progress...
/dev/rwd0a: clean, 18358 free (174 frags, 2273 blocks, 0.5% fragmentation)
/dev/rwd0s1f: clean, 133227 free (3787 frags, 16180 blocks, 2.2%
fragmentation)
/dev/rwd0s1e: clean, 29316 free (4 frags, 3664 blocks, 0.0% fragmentation)
/dev/wd0a on / :Specified device does not match mounted device
Filesystem mount failed, startup aborted
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh: (I press return)
#

What Iīm missing after the installation is finished?

My PC is a :

CPU Intel 486 33 MHz
LAN NE2000 compatible adapter
QUANTUM 270 MB HDD