Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:14:34 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
Cc:        Rink Springer <rink@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl segfaulting

--nextPart2130163.86Y4gxP9DJ

On Saturday, 24. February 2007 15:27, Volker wrote:

> Your problem with libelf reminded me to one thing: Have you done a
> `make check-old' in /usr/src already? I didn't find it in the docs
> but while reading the Makefile.incl and have not been aware of that
> check procedure but it clearly showed I've had some elder binaries
> in my system. Please forgive me if that hint has already been posted.

No need to apologize, I appreciate every suggestion. However, by now I'm=20
reasonably sure this isn't some kind of mismatch/stale software problem -=20
there is indeed nothing stale left as far as the base system is concerned o=
n=20
that box at all. Given the strange nature of the error there might even be=
=20
hardware failure involved (bad memory, possibly), I still need to check on=
=20
that front.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org