Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 01:26:33 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world on FreeBSD-stable impossible. cc1: ... signal 11

>You are not alone. I have a 486DX4/100/PCI and an adaptec 2940, and I get
>these the whole time, as well as the signal 11's. I just tried a reboot,
>ant the files that were corrupted before are now OK???!! They are corrupted
>in exactly that same sort of way you are reporting.
>
>My kernel is stable, the rest is a mix (a lot hand-installed).

   Well, this is starting to sound a lot like some type of disk controller/PCI
bus problem. Perhaps Justin might have some advice. Is it possible for either
of you to borrow a different type of PCI SCSI controller (or any other
hardware) to help isolate/diagnose the problem? If there is a software
problem, we need to get this troubleshooted as soon as possible.

-DG