Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 14:07:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Phillip Salzman <psalzman@gamefish.pcola.gulf.net>, Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X desktop contest? + Desktop Env

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Seriously, it may look bad to admit it but the fact is simply
> indisputable that FreeBSD's interest in the desktop contest was
> marginal to non-existent and everyone had MORE than enough time to get

I really do hope we can persuade you that there's no evidence for
this conclusion.  This isn't the time to give up.

How much time people were given doesn't matter if you change the
deadline.  There's no reason to expect anyone to send in anything
more than 24 hours before a deadline.  The fact that you got a couple
of, essentially, inquiries is really very encouraging.

Also, you don't need widespread interest, just a few capable people.

	Annelise