Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2024 18:34:24 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is anyone using libzfs_core on 15-CURRENT?

Hi all,

I have some code using libzfs_core that works fine on 13, but seems not =
to on 15-CURRENT.  The lzc_snapshot function is failing with exactly the =
same nv list argument.  It is failing with errno 2 (ENOENT) from the ZFS =
ioctl (and not returning an nvlist of errors).

My understanding is that the zfs command-line tool wraps libzfs_core and =
so it must be working somehow.  Has anything changed in between 13 and =
14 that would be expected to cause incompatibilities?  The fact that we =
don=E2=80=99t install usable headers for these libraries makes it quite =
difficult to be sure that I haven=E2=80=99t done anything wrong, but =
stepping through the libzfs_core bits in a debugger, everything looks =
correct up to the ioctl call.

David