Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 16:14:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Reid <root@edmweb.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logging pppd connect & disconnect

Is there any way to log when users connect and disconnect with pppd? I'm
running pppd from an entry in /etc/ttys, using PAP to authenticate. I need
to keep track of how much time each user is using, for billing purposes.

I don't need anything fancy- I'm perfectly happy to write my own little
proggie to scan the log files. All I need is some way to associate connect
and disconnect times with the user name.

| Steve Reid - SysAdmin & Pres, EDM Web (http://www.edmweb.com/)    |
| Email: steve@edmweb.com   Home Page: http://www.edmweb.com/steve/ |
| PGP (2048/9F317269) Fingerprint: 11C89D1CD67287E68C09EC52443F8830 |
|          -- Disclaimer: JMHO, YMMV, TANSTAAFL, IANAL. --          |