Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 22:50:40 +0300
From:      Valentin Nechayev <netch@iv.nn.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh protocol 2 interactive delays

What is the difference between ssh protocol 1 and protocol 2 stream control?
I tried protocol 1 in openssh and protocol 2 in openssh and Ylonen's
SSH 2.3.0 via PSTN 56K line. With protocol 1 interactive delays are
reasonable. With protocol 2, in both openssh and Ylonen's ssh,
delays are unreasonable annoying. When going to localhost, all is OK.
My impression is those delays are similar to ones in case when TCP_NODELAY
was not turned on.
Openssh client is standard from -current date=2001.05.12.00.00.00
(`SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.9 green@FreeBSD.org 20010503'). All ssh servers
are openssh from 4.3-RC or 4.3-RELEASE.

/netch