Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:08:49 +0800
From:      Jason Zhang <jasonzhang@cyphytech.com>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-performance@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mfi driver performance too bad on LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i

Mark,

Thanks

We have same RAID setting both on FreeBSD and CentOS including cache =
setting.  In FreeBSD, I enabled the write cache but the performance is =
the same. =20

We don=A1=AFt use ZFS or UFS, and test the performance on the RAW GEOM =
disk =A1=B0mfidx=A1=B1 exported by mfi driver.  We observed the =
=A1=B0gstat=A1=B1 result and found that the write latency
is too high.  When we =A1=B0dd" the disk with 8k, it is lower than 1ms, =
but it is 6ms on 64kb write.  It seems that each single write operation =
is very slow. But I don=A1=AFt know
whether it is a driver problem or not.

Jason

Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org> =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=BA