Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:42:40 +0200
From:      Martin Hasenbein <mh-freebsd-newbies@space.Net>
To:        Nugzar Nebieridze <nugzar@mbg.com.ge>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to find out version of BIND remotely??

Nugzar Nebieridze (nugzar@mbg.com.ge) wrote:
% Hello All,
%
% May by my question is not about FreeBSD itself, but does anyone know
% how to find out version of BIND with nslookup?
%
% I upgraded my BIND 8.2.2-p5 to 8.2.3 REL and want to find out if the
% correct version is running. "named -v" is ok, but I'd like to learn
% about nslookup, and more, can I spoof the version of bind?
%
% If this question was already posted please shend me the link to
% answers.
%
% Thank you
%
% Nugzar Nebieridze
%
%
%
% To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
% with "unsubscribe freebsd-newbies" in the body of the message

Hi,

dig txt chaos version.bind @ip-adress_of_the_remote_nameserver

\martin