Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 17:22:45 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMC Etherpower 10/100?

>Is it supported in the latest -stable?  I see other SMC cards, but not the
>etherpower, although I thought that was what WC was using.
>
>I only need it in 10MBit mode for now, anything special need to be done?

   Yes, the SMC card uses a DEC 21140 chip and is supported in 2.1R, -stable,
and -current. ...and yes, that's what I'm using in wcarchive.
   You can use the link2 ifconfig option to switch between 100Mbit and 10Mbit.
It is supposed to auto-sense, but a couple of people have reported that this
is broken - I recall seeing a NetBSD commit that apparantly fixes this, but
haven't had a chance to investigate.

-DG

David Greenman