Date:       9 May 99 19:12:25 PDT
From:      Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
To:        Kayo <kayo@finalpath.ddns.org>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Format of www.freebsd.org]

Kayo <kayo@finalpath.ddns.org> wrote:
> =

>    Hi, I have been hanging around #freebsd efnet and undernet for
> sometimes now. Even though there are lots of resources at www.freebsd.o=
rg,
> people still come into the channel asking same questions over and
> over again. May be people are lazy to read (most of them are) or may be=

> they don't know where to look. I think we need some improvements in
> www.freebsd.org's format to enhance the usefulness of ever resourceful
> www.freebsd.org. I think it's essential that we provide simple   =

> and informative index page.
>   =

    As a suggestion, you might want to consider that when doing
    a 'keyword' search the information returned is not that
    informative. I'm not complaining about the interface, but
    if I put a keyword in like 'serial' I get alot of links
    back, put the information is next to useless.

    So an easy improvement (I'm guessing) is to return
    the <title> as well.

    If the code is not available, I have perl(1) code
    that does this.

---
I am not a bot.