Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 1997 18:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
Cc:        Alan Batie <batie@aahz.jf.intel.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: login classes

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, David Nugent wrote:

> >  God help me if sendmail gives up root before invoking smrsh and I have to
> >  hack *it*.  Especially when I have two days left before I leave...
>
> I don't see why this is necessary. Increase resources in your *daemon*
> class since that's what applies here. The user's resources aren't
> involved except when it comes to counting resource use for that user.

  Will this actually work?  Since daemon hasn't logged in, or been
executed by something that can set the resource limits?

  Also, the issue here is that Alan probably wants smsh NOT to have the
limits of daemon, but of that user.  Lot of users screw up, and put junk
in their .forward file, and when they get mail they end of chewing up CPU,
and/or RAM.

> Regards,
> David
>
> --
> David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
> davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/

Tom