Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:43:08 -0600
From:      clemens@dwf.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   xl0: watchdog timeout

Im sure that this question has been answered about a 1000 times
on this list, but I couldnt find the answer in the archive.

I have a machine that 'dual' boots windows2000 and several
versions of Linux (rh8, rh8, Fedora2, + others) and everything works fine.

I have, over the last year tried installing FreeBSD 4.9, 5.2, 5.2.1, and
I always end up with the same problem.  The install seems to go fine,
but when I boot, I get the message

    xl0: watchdog timeout

and I have no networking.

This CANT be a hardware problem, since the other OS run fine, yet Ive
got to be awfully dense (and consistant) to get the same error with each
release of FreeBSD..

So what am I doing wrong???

[[ For reference, I DID have a version of FreeBSD on a previous machine
several years ago,- I dont remember problems like THIS ]]

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@dwf.com