Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:34:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Suggested addendum to contact information...

Somewhere, there needs to be text like the following:

	Please do not send general questions, bug reports, or other
	similar requests to the FreeBSD developers
	directly.  Many of the developers do not have time to answer
	such questions directly, and you will often receive equally
	good answers by sending to the correct mailing-list.
	In particular, please do not send questions to someone just
	because he happens to be named in the $Id line in the source
	code -- this is very often not the original developer.

(I might word it more strongly, myself -- as a general rule, I do not
answer such messages at all if they were sent directly to me.)

-GAWollman