Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 1999 21:09:44 +0900
From:      MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Does some one create busmaster code for Opti FineStarPlus(82C700) ?

Hi.

  I want to use Busmaster mode with my NOTE-PC and 3.1-RELEASE.

  I have NOTE-PC which has:
	NEC MobioNX
	PCI Chipset:	Opti FineStarPlus(82C700)
	HDD:		IBM-DDLA-21620 (PIO Mode-4, Multiword DMA Mode-2)

  I read Datasheet of FineStar Plus. It support Bus Master IDE HDD.
  But if I test with flags 0x2000 or 0xa0ff with wdc0, I can't use
it.  At change root device to wd0s1a, hung-up and light HDD access
LED.

  I think that BIOS is not set some timing of IDE Controller and it
is needed to some code of opti_dmainit and opti_status in
/sys/pci/ide_pci.c.

  I read CVS log of ide_pci.c.

>It runs on my P6 natoma board with two Maxtor drives, and also
>on a Fujitsu machine I have at work with an Opti chipset and
>a Quantum drive.

  Does someone imprement BusMaster capable code for Opti Chip?

Thank you
MIHIRA Yoshiro