Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:37:54 +0100
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Removal of csup

Hi all,

FreeBSD has moved away from distributing source using CVSup (later csup)
over the last several years, and recently even the mirroring of data
into the legacy cvsup mirror network was switched off.  As a result,
there is no longer any useful data within the FreeBSD CVSup mirror
network.

As a result, with the only reason for its existence no more, I would
like to remove csup from base for 10.  I do not propose moving it to
ports, I feel that is unnecessary given I believe that distributing our
source was the only reason for its existence.  NetBSD do still have some
cvsup mirrors running, but do not advertise it as a supported mechanism
for obtaining their tree.  OpenBSD stopped offering source over CVSup
two years ago.

Any objections to giving csup the burial it deserves?

Thanks,

Gavin