Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 1997 16:10:20 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
To:        fass@pitnet.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux vs FreeBSD.

Use the archive search on the freebsd.org site. For a less-biased
review, search the 'servers' list archive at http://www.hwg.org. For the
Linux side, start at http://www.wgs.com.
	I don't know of any 'quantitative' comparisons (i.e. tcp-ip throughput,
process performance, etc.) anywhere. Part of the problem is that there
is no one Linux. Only the kernel is standard, and it is subject to
change on Linus T's schedule.
	The best starting point for fair comparisons and lots of links is
http://www.ugu.com.
	Finally, my biased plug: Your friend uses FreeBSD. Real companies use
FreeBSD -- including YAHOO. Linux users are more your home-user
community. 'Nuff said.
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *