Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:02:04 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        jstschuh <jstschuh@trianglenet.net>
Subject:   Joining the FreeBSD effort (was: pls route this on)

On Thursday,  3 September 1998 at 22:53:35 +0000, jstschuh wrote:
> I have OpenBSD, Linux 5.0, Windoze95, and FreeBSD.  I
> consistently enjoy using your OS.  It seems to do well with
> most oddball hardware and seems to have a much, much fuller
> suite of apps.  Please let me know what work you might have
> for a former writer for Rider magazine, a former HP-UX/AIX
> admin, a security dude at a company.  I think you folks have
> a great product.  I think I'd like to help out, start user
> groups and such.

I suppose it depends a lot on what you want to do.  I suggest that you
check out the information on mailing lists at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources:mail.html and subscribe to
some likely-looking lists.  -questions, -newbies, -doc and -advocacy
come to mind.

> I bought my copy at defcon 6 for $7.  What would it cost to have a
> few cd packs handy for co workers who have finally gotten the hint
> unix needs these options to survive the onslaught of NT on cheapo
> boxes?

>From time to time surplus CDs of the previous release become
available.  The next time will probably be in November.  They tend to
go to well-known contributers, which you could become by then.

Greg