Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 00:02:50 +0100
From:      "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>
To:        James <james@fr.clara.net>, ITServices@cableinet.co.uk, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
Subject:   Re: Installation [was Re: Hello]

On 29 May 01, at 19:53, James wrote:

> Wa do not want a Mandrake style install thankyou :-)

I'm a newbie, forgive me ... isn't that little grey dialogue with
selections that you highlight with the edit keys and select with the
spacebar a graphical interface?  It's crude, I know, but still
graphical.

I meant in my original question that there might be a command line
method of installation where you might have greater control over
what is installed and be less likely, through an oversight, to install
unnecessary packages.

I asked more out of curiosity than anything else.  I shall use the
graphical installer.

One of the things that appeals to me about FreeBSD is the
absence of windoze-like "wizards" .... I have a distrust of anything
that is peddled as magic and of the people who do the peddling.

Stuart.