Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 15:42:40 -0700
From:      kdulzo@sockpuppet.org
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   editors/AbiWord

    I recently locally updated the editors/AbiWord port to 1.0.3.  As
the main cvs of the port is now at 1.0.3, I had a few comments and/or
suggestions for it.

    When building AbiWord-gnome-1.0.3 vs. AbiWord-1.0.3 (aka WITH_GNOME=YES
or having gnomeprint, gal, and gnomevfs installed vs. WITHOUT_GNOME or not
having the prior list of packages) the port/package still installs
share/gnome/pixmaps/* -- this is explicitly done in the Makefile.  Should
this not be done only if we're building WITH_GNOME?
    Secondly, wether building with or without gnome support, AbiWord
will build a local version of expat.  If building WITH_GNOME, we're
guaranteed to have expat installed, and WITHOUT_GNOME, more than likely
we're going to have it installed as well given the sheer volume of
ports using expat.  If configure is supplied --with-expat, it will
build properly with an installed expat.

   Any chance of these being adjusted/addressed, or were/are there reasons
that these occur.

Thanks,
Kevin M. Dulzo