Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:54:49 -0000
From:      "G D McKee" <freebsd@gdmckee.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mpd-graph - vpn lan to lan

Hi

I have got VPN working over the internet with my FreeBSD box.  I can dial up
the internet and vpn to my FreeBSD box and connect in - that is fine.  I run
natd on the local LAN so the machines can connect out to the internet.  What
I was wondering was if it was possible to take a machine sitting on the
local LAN and vpn'ing(!!) to another LAN on the internet - for instance my
office vpn server?

I under stand VPN over pptp is not session based so was unsure if what I am
trying to do is even possible?  I was thinking - is there a way of
initiating the vpn to work from the FreeBSD box and then adding routes or
something like that to get the two lans talking together?  I guess I could
also point all port 1723 traffic to a specific address on my local LAN but
that would not allow me to vpn into the FreeBSD box when I am out and
about!!

Thanks in advance.

Gordon