Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:19:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        lyndon@ve7tcp.ampr.org (Lyndon Nerenberg)
Cc:        jamie@itribe.net, opsys@mail.webspan.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: option MROUTING

> Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I could never figure out where ISP's get off
> trying to charge me for something that *reduces* their infrastructure
> costs. Unless, maybe, they charge by the packet/byte and actually *want*
> all those redundent unicast streams running up the meter :-(

They are not charging for bandwidth usage.  Charging for usage is
quickly becoming computationationally hard (yea!).

They are charging for having to hire soemone with more than an
associates degree in CS from a community college; someone who
didn't just go through the motions in college to get their "union
card".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---