Date:      Sat, 23 May 2020 21:52:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        Damjan Jovanovic <damjan.jov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine 5.9 bugfix

On Sat, 23 May 2020, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Wine 5.9 is out, and all 3 of the bugs in 5.7 - 5.8 that were affecting
> FreeBSD should be fixed upstream now.

Thank you for debugging and even fixing those, Damjan - and even doing
so upstream!

> However I accidentally introduced another bug recently, where we don't
> check the return value from an mmap() call, resulting in assertion failures
> and possibly memory corruption... I debugged it and a patch to fix it is
> available (https://source.winehq.org/patches/data/185684). Please build
> ports with that patch applied to 5.9. Sorry.

I just started test builds of emulators/wine-devel with that patch.

So far I have kept files/patch-tools-winegcc which reverts the upstream
change (1ccd638b1aa85fb3c43b49d69d279cd509ebdc21) that kicked of this
avalanche of events.  I was thinking to keep that as part of our port
until the next snapshot (Wine 5.10) - do you have any strong feelings
or recommendations either way?

Thanks,
Gerald