Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:28:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Denton <buff@pobox.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE: "session in wrong state"

On 29 September 2002, Mike Tancsa wrote:

: Can you post your ppp config ?

In ppp.conf I have:

  default:
   ident user-ppp VERSION (built COMPILATIONDATE)
   set log Phase Chat IPCP CCP tun command
   set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0

  myisp:
   set device PPPoE:ste0
   set authname xxxx
   set authkey xxxx
   set dial
   set login
   add default HISADDR

Then in rc.conf I start it with:

  ppp_enable="YES"
  ppp_mode="ddial"
  ppp_nat="YES"
  ppp_profile="myisp"

: Also, do you have header compression enabled ? If so, some DSL
: concentrators deployed by Bell do not play well at all with VJHeader
: Compression enabled.  Explicitly disable it.

I didn't enable this (I didn't even know about it).  I see

  options NETGRAPH_VJC

in LINT, but didn't include this in my kernel config.  Unless it's
somewhere else, it's off.

Thanks,

Bill