Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 2021 11:01:53 -0800
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rasberry Pi 4 has no USB

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 8:26 PM Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org> wrote:
>
>> I have an 8GB RPi 4B that I am trying out, but it has no USB response at
>> all. That means that I can't use a keyboard or mouse, but I can use a
>> serial console and ethernet.  I can plug any USB device into any port,
>> but there is nothing logged in /var/messages.  Running usbconfig as root
>> just reports 'No device match or lack of permissions'.  Running
>> 'dmesg | grep -i usb' reports only the following lines:
>>
>>   usb_nop_xceiv0: <USB NOP PHY> on ofwbus0
>>   bcm_xhci0: <VL805 USB 3.0 controller (on the Raspberry Pi 4b)> irq 81 at
>> device 0.0 on pci2
>>   usb_needs_explore_all: no devclass
>>
>> Running 'pciconf -lv' shows there is a VL805 USB controller present.  I
>> tested this with Linux and everything worked properly.  This is a new
>> computer that I bought only a couple of weeks ago.  Does anybody have
>> any ideas on what this might be, or what I could do to try to figure it
>> out?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>> --
>> Carl Johnson            carlj@peak.org

> You did not mention which FreeBSD  you are using  ( please use "uname -a" )
> .
>
> Personally , I do not know  anything about Raspberry Pi with FreeBSD , but
> , without knowing which FreeBSD you are using ,
> it is very likely that no one will be able to give you any information .

You are right that I forgot to mention that.  In this case this is the
binary 13.0-BETA4 image that I downloaded directly from the FreeBSD
website, and verified the checksum.  The output of uname -a is:

FreeBSD basil 13.0-BETA4 FreeBSD 13.0-BETA4 #0 releng/13.0-n244592-e32bc253629: Fri Feb 26 08:02:53 UTC 2021     root@releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/arm64.aarch64/sys/GENERIC  arm64

Thanks for reminding me.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org