Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 1996 11:00:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        julian@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone done any SCSI scanner support work?

> I've looked into PINT a little, and it supports the earlier Mustek
> MFS06000CX and MFS12000CX scanners so perhaps there's hope, but the
> thing is still extremely NetBSD-centric and before diving on it (hah)
> I'd like to at least check into whether or not anyone has already
> invented this particular wheel.
>
> PINT may be obtained at:
> 	ftp://alpha.gnu.ai.mit.edu/pub/pint/pint-0.5e.tar.gz

I tried to invent this particular wheel just before I found out about
hpscan, which is now in ports.  Check out ~nate-pint.tar.gz in my home
directory on freefall.  I had it further than that with some help from
Peter Dufault, but I looked for it earlier and couldn't find it.

In any case, I couldn't get PINT to work on either FreeBSD or my Sun, so
I gave up.

Nate