Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 19:02:50 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>, jas@flyingfox.com (Jim Shankland), freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI again: Asus SC200 vs. Adaptec 2940

>>> A follow-up question, that I hope is of general interest:  how does
>>> the SC200 stack up against the Adaptec 2940U?  The SC200 is quite a

[...]

>I have been doing some testing over the last week or so between a
>BusLogic BT956c (PCI Wide, but not Ultra) and an Adaptec 2940UW.
>Unfortunately, I did not have an NCR 53c810 controller to mix in.
>The tests were conducted on a P5/120 (Asus P55TP4N, 512K PB cache,
>32MB EDO RAM), with the controllers mentioned above, a 2GB Seagate
>Barracuda (ST32550N) approximately 45% full, and a 1GB Seagate Hawk
>(ST31200N) completely empty.  Both drives support tagged-command-
[etc.]

I should point out that all the testing was done on a fairly recent
NetBSD-current (1.2_Beta), and does not reflect the rewrite Justin
Gibbs is currently doing on the FreeBSD-current SCSI code.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.