Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:03:24 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Mike Patterson <mpatters@alumni.uwaterloo.ca>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with buildkernel, RELENG_4

At 10:54 AM 30/08/2002 -0400, Mike Patterson wrote:
>I get errors even using the GENERIC conf, so it can't be my kernel
>configuration file.  I moved my /usr/src out of the way and re-cvsupped,
>with the same results.  This problem first came up for me Monday morning

Did you do a make buildworld first ?  Once you do a cvsup, always assume
you need to do buildworld as some of the bits and pieces that are required
for the building of the kernel may depend on new buildtools that you got as
part of the cvsup.  (of course do the regular installworld process outlined
in the handbook afterwards) You may want to try cvsup11.freebsd.org. I dont
know if the one below is keeping up. I do know that cvsup11 works well.

         ---Mike