Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 2020 17:59:12 +0800
From:      Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>
To:        Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-git <freebsd-git@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Git Repository Bundles

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 15:15 Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I'm currently publishing these bundles to freefall until I get yelled
> at or until it's replaced by some official service,

I also received suggestions of providing bundles. But after discussing with
the people have this idea, we found that it=E2=80=99s more useful when the =
bundles
are distributed through CDN and this is not our current case.

If people with limited internet connection find bundles are useful for
them, please let me know, I am happy to provide bundles through our mirror
servers and seeking other better way to serve the bundle files.

FWIW, the git.FreeBSD.org backend servers got several adjustments and
performance improvement is expected. Please also report any issue of using
them.

Best,
Li-Wen