Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 23:52:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wes Morgan <morganw@engr.sc.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm oddity

I noticed a little quirk in the pcm driver -- it is reversing the channels
in my sb16! The first couple times I play a certain mp3 that starts out
(normally) in the left channel, it plays correctly in the left channel.
Then suddenly it will switch, and start out in the right channel. The
mixer still works properly, just the DSP (I think anynway) seems to be
reversing the channels somewhere internally. It's odd, to say the least.
My kernel is -current as of late sept 22. Can anyone else duplicate this?

WM

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.