Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:37:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        sderdau@xtdl.com (Stephen A. Derdau)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MX records

Stephen A. Derdau said:
>Asking a question first time.  Not sure if addressing the correct group.
>Anyways brief discription of situation.
>My network administrator has left .  We did not get any documentation
>as to how the system is laid etc.  I myself am not a network adminis
>trator but am finding myself having to learn things pretty quickly.
>
>My question deals with email to a domain that we do virtual hosting for.
>We have the domain name pointing to us however the email part of this
>will be pointing do another server at another company.
>
>If someone could tell me what files I should look into to point any emails
>that may come to this domain to the proper servers?
>
>The person asking me to change this gave me two domains and ip numbers
>to where the info should be forwarded to.
>
>WE are running Freebsd doing uname -v I get.
>
>FreeBsd 2.1.0-Release # 0.....which may of had modifications to it
>	from the last administrator regarding updates.
>
>Well here it goes.

You're best bet is to get DNS and BIND by Paul Albitz & Cricket Liu. It is
published by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. ISBN 1-56592-236-0. Make sure you
get the 2nd edition. It should set you back about $35.00. Read the first 4
chapters and look at chapter 5 for a discussion on MX records.

Good luck

Josef

--
Josef Grosch        |   Another day closer to a   |    FreeBSD 2.2.1
jgrosch@sirius.com  |     Micro$oft free world    | UNIX for the masses