Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:34:58 +0200
From:      "Alexander S. Usov" <A.S.Usov@kvi.nl>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   QT4 perfomance.

I think I am not the first to notice it, but still I think it's worth
asking :)

Thanks to the final release of qt4 I decided to give it a try and to
watch some of their samples. I have tried it on 2 machines, one having
matrox g550 in it, and other with radeon mobility 9000.

It really sucks :)
I mean visually it's quite nice, but even in the mainwindow demo (the one
with a bunch of docked windows in it) it feels really *slow* and eats up
100% of cpu. HW acceleration is working on both machines.
Does anybody knows if it is just due to sloppy coding of the demos, or we
will have to wait till next xorg release with KAA it to be able to use it?
The most funny part is that it works like a charm under windows.

--
Best regards,
  Alexander.