Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:09:17 -0700
From:      Steven Stillaway <steve@stillaway.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System time

Now that explains why my laptop keeps losing time so badly. ;)
I hadn't thought of that.

On my servers I run ntpdate and connect to a time server that is local and
accepts anonymous connections (most universities run them -- there is a list
somewhere do a search on time servers).

I just set this up as a cron job.  The problem with a laptop is what time
can
you run the cron job what you know it will be connected to the internet.

If you wanted to be really keen you could right a cron script that checks
if
you are connected and if not delays itself for awhile.

Sound like too much work for me.  I just run ntpdate from the command line
periodically.