Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2011 10:26:54 +0100
From:      Gour <gour@atmarama.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scanner recommendation

--Sig_/cU6Q6L8XeNyEqTP_R02ZHCP

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 00:53:00 -0800
perryh@pluto.rain.com wrote:

> So perhaps what is needed is for N FreeBSD users to say "I'll buy
> it, if it runs on FreeBSD."  Any guesses on how large an N would
> be needed to provide sufficient motivation?

Heh...when I asked Ed about support for 64-bit version of VueScan,
his reply was that number of Linux users is so low that he is
considering whether to even support the OS.

Fortunately, in the meantime, he added 64bit Linux support, but I'm
not sure what he would say to add FreeBSD support considering general
popularity of Linux vs. BSD. :)

Sincerely,
Gour

--=20

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA