Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:11:49 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Shawn Halpenny <malachai@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk-1.1.8 & 4.0-STABLE

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 09:40:04PM -0400, Shawn Halpenny wrote:
> A couple weeks ago I install jdk-1.1.8 from ports and it all works fine.  A
> couple days ago I'm doing some drivecleaning and I pkg_delete my jdk-1.1.8.
> I go back into /usr/ports and install it again.  No problem.  Except now
> things don't work so well:

[snippage of error messages]

> I have no idea why this is happening.  The only system changes have been a
> make world and a rebuilt kernel (no config changes).  Please copy me on
> replies, I'm not subscribed to this list.

I'm assuming you have the 3.x compatibility package installed?  If so, then
the obvious place to look is in the changed system.  From memory, there
have been changes to the dynamic linker recently.  That would be the first
thing I'd try reverting to see if you can narrow down the problem.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083