Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:31:29 -0400
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recent pcm commits

The pcm driver has been much more stable than before.  Congrats.  But,
one note:  I think that in /sys/dev/sound/isa/ess.c, on line 41, the
buffer size should be bumped down to 12288.  Before, it was set to
16k, and my ESS 1868 would not work properly.

Also, there's some new problems that have cropped up with RealPlayer
5.0.  (I know, we should pretty much be using RealPlayer 7.0.)  When I
try to play an audio clip with Rvplayer 5, I get an audio write
error:  xxx bytes, and the clip aborts.  But, RealPlayer 7.0 works
flawlessly, and the pcm driver has been working better than in the
past couple of days.

--
- Donn