Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:09:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>
Cc:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cursor (trackpoint) "creep" with moused?

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Barney Wolff wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 04:52:42PM -0400, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> >
> > I'm just curious as to why this might be - the trackpoint "creep", that
> > is - does anyone have any ideas? :-)
>
> I've experienced the same effect on a Toshiba laptop running W2k, so
> perhaps it's the device, not anything fbsd-specific.

Toshiba trackpoints will ocasionally recalibrate themselves, which
manifests as about 5 seconds of creep - longer if you try and fight it :).
At least on toshiba my porteget 300CT and 320CT laptops lthis is so, and I
hear from many other toshiba users that this is 'normal'.

As for minutes of creep (the original poster mentioned it fixing itself
after 45 seconds...) I couldn't imagine what is happening.  Have you tried
another operating system to rule out the possibility of hardware problems?

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.