Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:56:55 +0100
From:      Rocco Lucia <rlucia@utopianet.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "no driver assigned"

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 06:25:07PM +0100, Andre Rikkert de Koe wrote:
> It's an 3com 3c90x card, so I put the line "device vx0" as the only
> network device in the configuration file.
>
> Does any one know what's causing the "no driver assigned" ?
>
> Andre

Since 2.2.7 3Com 3C90x cards are handled by the xl driver,
so add "device xl0" to your kernel. Btw, it's well
documented in the release notes.

rocco

--
Rocco Lucia

Iscanet Internet Services
rlucia@utopianet.net
System and Network Admin
http://elisa.utopianet.net/~rlucia

Free unices for a free world. Support *BSD.