Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:40:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/28325: NFS_NOSERVER kernel option causes zillions of syslog messages

The following reply was made to PR bin/28325; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com>
To: Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:36:14 -0400

 >> I use NQNFS (-q option to mount).  Why would this not be expected to
 >> work?  The mount_nfs man page says nothing about it.  Thanks.

 ID> NQNFS is an experimental protocol based on NFSv2 that is not in
 ID> wide use, and it's implementation has suffered significant bit-rot
 ID> over the years. Unless you have a really good reason to use it and

 The man page says it is an extension to NFSv3

      -q      Use the leasing extensions to the NFS Version 3 protocol to main-
              tain cache consistency.  This protocol Version 2, referred to as
              Not Quite Nfs (NQNFS), is only supported by this updated release
              of NFS code.  (It is not backwards compatible with the release of
              NQNFS that went out on 4.4BSD-Lite.  To interoperate with a

 I guess I'll shut it off anyhow, I get warnings about too many leases
 some times.

 Thanks.