Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 16:03:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard_ether doesn't run dhcp properly(?)

Hello ...

I'm having trouble getting DHCP to work properly on a 2.2.7 box through
the PCCARD system.  I've change pccard_ether to DHCP and dhclient runs,
but for some reason the default route is not added properly.  I've added
tons of debugging to /etc/dhclient-script and it appears to add the
default route but the route itself never appears.  All the references are
by IP so I don't believe it's a nameserver lookup problem.

Is anyone working on this or knows anything about what's going on?  It
think there may be a race condition but dhclient-script is a tangled mess
and I don't have the time at current to hack up a shorter substitute.  I
can replicate it on my Digital as well as a Dell, and adding the default
route manually appears to get everything going.

Running 'route monitor' in another window while putting the ethernet card
in is interesting.  I get *tons* of RTM_FAILs trying to reach the DHCP
host (which is the same as our nameserver so it's hard to discern what
it's trying to talk to).  I can collect more data if anyone can help me
out with this.

Thanks much for any assistance ...