Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 17:20:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More on the death of freebsd-mozilla

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
[...]
> > What are the chances of convincing the Mozilla people to try something like
> > cvsup? Anonymous CVS is ok, but cvsup seems to work better for me.  Are
>
> Small to none - cvsup isn't exactly the most easily ported piece of
> software.  You potentially need to port the Modula-3 runtime
> environment along with it. :(

What?  A while back, I convinced one of the KDE "core" members to use
cvsup for public cvs access, as anoncvs had no way to limit the number of
users it wasn't even considered. cvs.kde.org is some kinda Sparc box, IIRC
an Enterprise 450. Sure they're using precompiled binaries.  But a valiant
effort was made to compile from source.  The toughest part about getting
cvsupd compiled was getting cvsup compiled (it's _very_ bmake centric),
not Modula-3. Those nits aside it handles clients fine, and is more
responsive than cvs -z9 update.

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |