Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 1998 02:11:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.baldcom.net>
To:        "Michael A. Endsley" <me@corecom.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lost my pnp devices after recompile

Yes, you do. 1. make sure that pnp is actually compiled in the kernel and
2. realize that the all config options, pnp included, get saved in-kernel
at boot-time with dset, so new kernels would have to be configured again
if you configured this previous one with userconf; of course, another
solution would be making a kernel configuration file to go in your root
dir. Hope this helps.

Brian Feldman