Date:      26 Mar 97 17:51:08 EST
From:      Berend de Boer <100120.3121@CompuServe.COM>
To:        "'FreeBSD stable'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>

You wrote:

>> Ok, Jordan.  You asked the question (and stirred up a bunch of traffic
>> on this list).  Did you come to any conclusion?
>
>Yes.  I came to the conclusion that there is still too much variance
>in what people want (which I expected) and that I'm not changing a
>single thing about our branch naming as a result. :-)

Everyone (or almost everyone) agreed on one thing: the current naming scheme is
confusing. Then some proposals were put forward and of course as many people
there are, as many proposals, but they were not that different, they all had the
same intent: make the naming scheme more intuitive.

I think we should now list the proposals, number them, and have a vote.

Groetjes,

Berend.