Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:23:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Jackal <jackal.gu@msa.hinet.net>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I want to learn FreeBSD

hi jackal,

no offense.. but if you are new to the "UNIX-like"
environment.. than i suggest that you go through the
handbook a couple of times... and once you feel
comfortable about the environment... than...

set your mind completely free... and then start
thinking about development for this system....

how i have started to help out on this project is.. by
learning enough ;) about FreeBSD first... from release
4.2 all the way to 4.4, and then... trying to go
through the developer's handbook...

after that... i joined the lists and thought about
helping out in problems that i have personally faced
with FreeBSD, when i was a newbie... but after i have
reached the near-to-intermediate stage... i think i
can start to go over various things in the source
tree... although you need a competing knowledge of C,
which can be also found in the famous book, "The C
Programming Language",.. and if you think that is
tense for you.. not to worry... you can help out in
the documentation department... (not exactly a
department)....

so... welcome aboard...
and.. ENJOY!

regards,
Hiten Pandya
<hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>

--- Jackal <jackal.gu@msa.hinet.net> wrote:
> Concern:
>   I am a newbie in Unix-like system, but I want to
> learn and use this well, so I hope I could to join
> all the develop about FreeBSD or I could to
> enumerate the problem during I learn FreeBSD.
>   Wish you can give me the chance.
>
> yours sincerely
>
>                           Jackal
>                                            From