Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 08:22:22 -0500
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  FreeBSD Lounge port numbers

> From: "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
> Subject: FreeBSD Lounge port numbers
> To: multimedia@freebsd.org
>
> Is there a way to send/receive with vat,nv to/from the FreeBSD Lounge
> without having an MBONE connection? I'm sitting presently at the end
> of an ISDN line and my MBONE (if it's fed anyway) ends in the university
> campus.

The FreeBSD Lounge uses the IP address of 224.2.100.100.  The only
way to route to/from this IP address would be to have some sort of
connection to the multicast backbone.

You could run DVMRP on your FreeBSD using mrouted and set up a tunnel
between the university and your home.  Provided both ends are running
mrouted 3.8, it should work just fine.

	-Jim