Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:06:21 +0100
From:      CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   9.1 AMD64 multitasking efficiency low

Hello :-)

I have found 9.1 to be far more less responsive than 9.0 and previous
releases on my desktop. I have noted this slow down at 9.1-RC. I have
AMD64 4GB RAM i3 CPU and when I simply run Chromium, VBox with Windows
XP 64bit (1GB allocated) and VBox with Ubuntu 64bit (1GB allocated) my
machine gets unresponsive - it does not even respond to ACPI shutdown,
I need to kill it to get working again :-( I did not happen before.

I have also noted that VBox 4.2.6 is working far more slower and makes
bigger impact on the whole host performance - sometimes I need to wait
some seconds to get the machine response back, this happens especially
at loading stage :-(

Is there any way to get back the efficiency of my FreeBSD? Maybe I
need to bump some configuration to make it more efficient? :-)

Any hints appreciated :-)
Tomek