Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:48:09 -0700
From:      clark shishido <clark@ruminary.org>
To:        Rob Secombe <robseco@teksupport.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Further to Virus checking mail server

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 10:53:19AM +1000, Rob Secombe wrote:

> In our case the cost would be prohibitive. Is anyone
> aware of a FreeBSD compatible product that is either 'server based' or has
> special licensing for ISPs?

if you want no cost you can try

http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html
  or
http://mailtools.anomy.net/

it may be free, but it'll put a load on your servers as each message
will be filtered for MIME and HTML content. I've haven't installed
either in a ISP environment with high volume, but I have been able
to protect small and medium sized networks.

Also, neither is a virus scanner per se, but rather a file attachment
checker and HTML defanger.

--clark